GreyHat - CNRG Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum Komunitas GreyHat - Computer and Networking Group

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Next Generation of IP (IPv6)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Alundra
Instructor
Instructor

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2008-09-12

Next Generation of IP (IPv6) Empty
PostSubject: Next Generation of IP (IPv6)   Next Generation of IP (IPv6) EmptySat Sep 13, 2008 6:09 am

Assalamu Alaikum Wr. Wb.

There is something change in all my lovely server.

Two years ago... I make them alive with the IP Address bla.bla.bla.bla... yess...something like 192.168.0.1. We already know about this. This IP was using in every network device, in classroom at school, campus, even in every training we did. And we called them IP version 4 (IPv4)

Today... I'm really surprise
when I type ifconfig (like usually to see the IP Addr. configuration), I found something new.. All my server have using IP version 6 (IPv6 ... the next generation of IP Address). All my buddy was make their own update with the new IP Address. I never told them to do that... but they do with their own way !!! they going wild !!!

here some of the list...

[root@ular ~]# ifconfig
eth0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:14:4F:29:E7:AC
inet addr:10.10.100.102 Bcast:10.10.100.111 Mask:255.255.255.240
inet6 addr: fe80::214:4fff:fe29:e7ac/64 Scope:Link

I still remember what my friend told me... he said "hey bro....u must prepare for the revolution, revolution in our world, the time when we must leave the IPv4 and start with the IPv6. For me... I'm little bit affraid about this , with IPv4 that using 32 bit still make people confuse...what about this... 128 bit !!!"

so.. What about you ??? all member of this community.. are u ready ???

If there is time and I'm not going busy. I`d like to give a short course about IPv6. Maybe for all the class we have. I'm not really good in IPv6. The expert said if this IP have a lot of feature. Right know..... the only things I know just to write down the IP or make translation from IPv4.

Some feature that makes me surprise is "this IP could use every time and every place". All we know... if we come to the new network, we must assign the new IP address that match with the network. For example.. if we joining the 172.16.6.0/0 network ...so we must assign 172.16.6.xxx. If we move to other network, example 192.168.2.0... we must change the 172.16.6.xxx to 192.168.2.xxx.

With the IPv6... just need "one" IP Address to use in every network in the world... wow...a big revolution... and I'm really sure if there is a people can not follow the revolution. They will become an old people (young people with old knowledge)... people with garbage knowledge (I called udzur knowledge)

So... what about after Lebaran ? If u want... I can give... If u do not want...Its OK... not a big problem. I could use this IP to make money...to make jack pot... or just to make my self satisfy

Best Regards ...
Back to top Go down
Baharuddin
Staff Support
Staff Support
Baharuddin

Male
Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-09-03

PostSubject: Re: Next Generation of IP (IPv6)   Next Generation of IP (IPv6) EmptyFri Sep 19, 2008 11:28 am

assalamualaikum wr wb

well, it's ok for me sir lets face this new technology and lets make it easy Razz

if there will be a discussion about this technology after lebaran then i will join it sir

i will just wait for the sure Smile

Thanks A Lot
Back to top Go down
http://b4h4r.blogdrive.com
yulnaerzhy
Secretary
Secretary
yulnaerzhy

Female
Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-09-03

PostSubject: Re: Next Generation of IP (IPv6)   Next Generation of IP (IPv6) EmptyMon Oct 13, 2008 10:27 am

Yupz..
I think so.

Beralih ke IPv6 itu langkah yang bagus, mengingat alokasi IPv4 yang tersedia di dunia sangat terbatas.
IPv6 menyediakan ruang pengalamatan yang sangat besar.

Untuk IPv6 sendiri sudah sering dengar, tapi untuk memahaminya belum.

Tawaran course itulah jalan untuk mengenal lebih lagi tentang IPv6.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Next Generation of IP (IPv6)   Next Generation of IP (IPv6) Empty

Back to top Go down

Next Generation of IP (IPv6)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GreyHat - CNRG Community :: Curriculum :: Linux Network Administration-
Jump to: